Serving in Cuenca, Ecuador

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Manicures and Pedicures


P2100001, originally uploaded by A Family On A Mission.

One of the fun things about living in a third world country is that things here sometimes can be much cheaper. One of those things is a manicure and pedicure. Across the street from my house is a little salon. While Carol and Leah were here we treated ourselves to a girls day out where we all got our hands and feet done. To get your hands done it costs $3 and for feet it costs $5. Not bad when you consider back home and the prices there. Even Ceara came to get her feet done too which she loved. Of course I really haven't been there often as it's pretty busy since the prices even for the Ecuadorians is cheap. But it is nice to know that if I wanted to treat myself then I just need to pop across the street. I also got my hair done and for a cut and highlights it only cost $27. The question that I have is why is it so much cheaper to get your hands, feet and hair done in countries like Brazil and Ecuador but it costs so much more in Canada or the States? Travis can get his hair cut there for $3 and the lady does a great job. Also it had been a good way to reach out in the community as while we were there, we found out that the lady has a son the same age as Calen and her daughter who is 10 has been taking English so we have invited them to participate in our English classes. So even while taking time out for myself, God still shows us ways to reach out to the people in our community. Maybe I should head out right now to get my nails done? Well, maybe not right this moment. I'll try to get some more blogs posted instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment