Serving in Cuenca, Ecuador

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Women's Conference


P1280026, originally uploaded by A Family On A Mission.

Every year Cuenca hosts a women's conference in January. This year the theme of the conference was 'Living Life Without Conflict' I of course got thrown into doing something for the conference which I willingly said yes to. That was to prepare the gifts for the ladies that come to the conference. I planned on making a few candle luminaries. However, I didn't realize that it was for more then 150 people, but with help from others in the church we were able to complete them and the women were delighted to take one home with them. As well, I got asked to prepare one of the classes for the conference. Little did I know I wouldn't receive the stuff I would need to prepare the class with less then two weeks to do it. However, with some help from Travis in translating and Nuvia to help correct it, I was able to give my first Spanish lesson to a group of more then 150. Leah was also asked to give a devotional one morning that was translated. It was a great experience and even better to meet so many new women from around the country of Ecuador. Hopefully, next year will be just as great!

No comments:

Post a Comment