Serving in Cuenca, Ecuador

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Things You Hope Never To See!

Tarantula,_Attacking_Position,_Photo_by_Sascha_Grabow.jpg (760×760)
One of the things that I never really wanted to see in my life was a tarantula! But not that long ago Travis called me to the bottom floor of our house and told me that Nuvia had caught a weird bug. When I got to the bottom floor I found a dead tarantula on the floor which Nuvia had caught hiding in a corner of the room under my sewing machine. I couldn't believe that I had seen one and that it was caught in my house. Of course the next few days I was paranoid in finding another and moved the sewing machine so there was no place to hide but if one came in then maybe there would be more. We live next to a house that has a overgrown yard so Nuvia told us it probably came from there. A few days later, Calen came running into the house saying he saw a spider. Not thinking I ran outside expecting a little one on the ground and there along the far wall was another tarantula. Travis took a video of me killing the spider with raid and a broom. Hopefully, we won't have to do that again! Fortunately our neighbors finally cut down all the crazy overgrown plants and we haven't seen any for awhile now so hopefully their hiding places are now gone and they will look for a different overgrown area to live. But definitely not a thing that I wished to see in my life time. But don't worry for those who hope to visit we are prepared to kill all spiders and won't make you live on the bottom floor of our place. Haha! Just beware of overgrown plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment